Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Our Ja'Nae

I remember when there was a time that I couldn't have imagined being a mom, now being a mom is the one thing that I couldn't imagine not being. So, today I dedicate my blog to my baby, my only daughter Kaidence. This is the poem I wrote when I was planning her christening. Enjoy...


I never imagined having a kid but the day I felt you move, my motherly instincts instantly kicked in, and although you're from my womb, you are your dads twin. 
I never knew I could love someone more than I love myself until the day that I had you, the feeling is so amazing that having you seems too good to be true. 
You've changed my life in ways that I can't explain, seeing you smile at me reassures me that you were definitely worth all the aches and pains. 
I can't believe I actually considered aborting you, each day you give me something to look forward to. 
I wouldn't dare trade you for the world, you are my sweetheart and your dad's favorite girl. 
I've learned to love you more than life itself, just to have and hold you, I'll give up all the fame, fortune, and wealth, for you are my life and I'll give my last breath. 
I promise to help you, protect you, support and mold you, to build a bond that'll always connect us two. 
No matter what life throws your way, I'll always have your back at the end of the day, good or bad, right or wrong, mommy will know just what to say to take all of life's pains away, long as I'm alive, everything will be okay, and through it all, mommy and daddy love's you, our Kaidence Ja'Nae!

Being a mom is not the easiest job in the world, but it is the best job title that I've held thus far. This little girl changed my life in more ways than one, a mother's love is definitely something that can't be explained. If I could do it all over I would have never considered not having her. I don't know anybody else's situation as a parent but our children only get one mom or dad, so make the best of it. Enjoy it and cherish the moments you get with them. I may not be or mean anything to anyone else, but to Kaidy I am the best mom ever, and I'll take that because if I am nothing else, I know that I am just that, a damn good mother. I thank God everyday for choosing me to be her mom, I don't know why He did, but I am glad that He did and I promise to be the best mom that I can be for her and to her. 

Psalms 127:3,"Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward."

©2016. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

8 comments: