Wednesday, September 21, 2016

I Surrender

Exodus 15:2, "The Lord is my strength and my defense; He has become my salvation. He is my God and I will praise Him; my father's God and I will exalt Him."

So, after feeling broken and not knowing what else to do, I did the only thing that was left to do and that was to let it go and let God...sometimes the only thing that you can do, when you can no longer stand is to fall on your knees and pray.

I Surrender.

Lord, I give it all to You.
I'm confused and I don't know what to do.
I need You, I cannot do it alone,
All hope is gone,
Where did my life go wrong?
Please forgive me for I have sinned,
I need You to cleanse me from within,
Although I feel lost, I can still win.
I will not let the devil defeat me,
No longer will I drown in self pity,
I'm choosing to get up and stand on my own two feet,
Things are not really as bad as they seem.
Tough times don't last, tough people do,
I've became stronger the minute I decided to live for You,
If You can bless Job a hundred times fold, You can do it for me too.
Worrying and stressing is now a thing of the past,
Because only what you do for Christ will last.
I can't give up now, I only need faith the size of a mustard seed,
So Lord I'm giving myself away and trusting You to use me.
Have Your will, have Your way,
I Surrender my all to You this day.

Often times, we try to do and figure everything out on our own and the truth is we can't and we need help. We need spiritual guidance. I learned that if I wanted God to bless me then I had to stop allowing the devil to answer my complaints. Instead of focusing on what I didn't have, I started to praise God for all the things that I did have. We tend to take life for granted, but we must realize that there is someone out there with bigger problems, wishing that they had the life and situations we complain about. Remember that when you don't know what else to do, turn to the one that loves you. Give it all over to Him and trust that things will be okay. He may not come when we want Him to, but He is always on time. Just when you are ready to give up, He will step in.

Isaiah 41:10, "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

©2016. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment