Friday, June 2, 2017

TIME

DON'T BE SOMEONE'S DOWNTIME, SPARE-TIME, PART TIME, OR SOMETIME! If they can't be there for you all the time then they're not worth your time!

TIME ⏱⏲⏰

Sometimes I wish I could go back in time
To erase the moment you walked into my life
I wish it was possible that we actually never met
So I wouldn't be living with regrets
Because the person you are now is not the person I once knew
And quite frankly I don't like the new you
See I wish I could travel back in time
To start over and to press rewind
And then that day I would've kept walking right pass you
No need to exchange pleasantries
Because I knew you had nothing to offer me
I would've listened to my instincts
Followed my woman intuition
And we wouldn't be in this position
Because I could've shot that moment dead like a heinous crime
Things would be totally different if I could just turn back the hands of time
Sometimes don't you wish it was people you never met, people you never gave second chances to, people that you hate you let in and reopen wounds
Sometimes I wish I could depict the real from the fake
And take back every personal truth and secret told
To friends and associates that I don't even speak with anymore
Sometimes I wish I could just start over
That way with my feelings I can hold the power, I can operate the controller
And from relationships and friendships I wouldn't need closure
See time is an indefinite continued progress of existence
It can't be put on hold, it can't be erased no matter how persistent
I should've fed some from a long handled spoon and kept my distance
Had I followed my first thought we wouldn't have crossed paths or coexist
My mind tried to warn me but my heart wouldn't listen
And now some people are plaguing my system
And when it came to love, so called friends, life, school, motherhood etc. I could have made better decisions
So sometimes I do realize that there are people and things that I can do without
The judgmental, negative, selfish beings because see my time is valuable and I'm not handing out discounts
I want to make the best of my life during this lifetime
And oh how things would be different if I could just turn back the hands of time!

See there are things that you can't get back, and time being the most valuable and important one. Time is too precious to waste. Time is always of the essence, so you have use it wisely. So, find things that make you happy to be alive. Things and people to empower you so that you don't wish those things away. Once time is spent, you can't buy it back. There are no do overs in life.
I came across a quote that said, "Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have and only you can determine how it will be spent. Therefore, be careful before you let other people spend it for you!" So, before you go wasting your time on meaningless people, things, friends, family, relationships that aren't worth it, remember that your time is priceless and life is to short to live with regrets because unfortunately we can't erase the past and we can't go back to right our wrongs or to start over. So make this time count, this time around.

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments: