Friday, June 30, 2017

I CAN and I WILL.

"Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there's nothing you cannot accomplish."
                      -Brad Henry

Today is a Good Friday for me! I just received some exciting news! Well, I am now an official graduate student...a Liberty University Eagle to be exact! For some, I'm sure in your head you're saying, "wow, you're going back to school...again?" Or, "aren't you tired of school?" But, for me, I disagree. To me, it's going after my dreams, building a foundation, and creating a platform.

For awhile now, I was debating going back to school. Mainly because I hadn't quite found my niche. I had no idea what I wanted to major in, or what career path I wanted to take. Then, it hit me...I've always been good at writing. Why not do something I enjoy, which would then lead to enjoying what I do? Writing has always been my passion, I guess I just didn't think I could make it into a career. But, once I made up my mind to at least try, to at least take a chance, let's just say things started falling into place.

First, a friend of a friend referred me to a writing consultant/author and she had been amazing help. Because of her, I started a poetry blog. First the blog and now books. I will definitely be a future author and on a shelf in stores near you very soon. I think I have book ones' release date set. And now, graduate school (MA in Professional Writing). The only way to go from here is up, right?!

Sometimes we can be our own worse enemy, but other times we have to be our very own cheerleader. If you don't believe in yourself and follow your dreams, then who will? You only need one person to motivate you and to tell you that you can do anything that you put your mind to. And guess who that one person is...YOU!

So, even if I never sell a book or no one else ever reads my blog, guess what? I'll still be happy with the material that I write and put out, because I believe in me. At the end of the day, I'm doing this for me. So what if I'm 28 or that I'm a mother or I've already got a degree or that I work a full time job, it can still be done and I'm going to be the one to do it. There's no time frame or limit on when you can chase after your dreams, so go for it. If there's something you've always wanted to try or accomplish the time is now. Stop thinking of all the reasons you can't, and come up with one valid reason why you can.

I had to stop thinking I could do it and just get it done,
No matter how long the turbulence lasts, the plane would eventually land,
Then I'll be able to say I spread my wings and flew into all my dreams one by one,
With a clear vision from a window seat watching everything go as planned.

"The cost of not following your dreams, is spending the rest of your life wishing you had!"

Happy Friday 😃

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Kiara I agree with you 100 percent when it comes to motivating ourselves. Although it's not always easy we do have to stop thinking what we can do and get it done. Reading your words gives me confidence to follow through in my career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. Go for it, I believe that you can do it. All it takes is for you to believe in yourself

      Delete