Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Daddy's Little Girl

FOR ALL THE DAUGHTERS WHO WISHED THEIR DAD LOVED THEM...💔

Daddy's Little Girl

I received a text recently that I read with a dubious expression
Wondering why all of a sudden he made such an emotional confession
"What the hell he want and where he come from?" was my first questions
Then I thought maybe God is teaching me a lesson

A lesson on forgiving and moving on
So that I could let go of the anger and bitterness for all the times this man did me wrong
For every time I was a little girl wondering why my mom and dad didn't share the same home
And for all the times I would reach out and he wouldn't come to the phone
The real reason he never matured to take care of his responsibility is still unknown
But, it's only so much you can do or say 28 years later, I'm grown

I never thought that this text would open up so many bad memories and past feelings
Revealing to me all the things, the hurt that I had been concealing
I never really got over him not being around I just was dealing
Dealing with the fact that this man never really showed me love while asking God for peace and healing
But it's sad that single parent homes are common but I never found my situation appealing
And I've never asked you for a thing but when I needed you, you took for ever just to put a fan in the ceiling

It's sad that the few times I did speak to this man we had an argument
All because he wanted to be a dad and tell me things that I felt he had no business
See you dont get the right to talk to me any kind of way, when you walked out you lost that privilege
And if you want me to respect you then you must give it
For so long I let my anger towards you put my heart and mind in a prison
Becoming mad at the world all because of your decision

See I didn't decide to be your child, God chose your for me
And guess what He stepped in and did everything you couldn't and was more than the man you'll ever be
Because I made it without you, out of high school and two college degrees
And I thank God daily that Kaidy doesn't have to feel what I felt and see what I see
Or experience life without her daddy

A daughter is often times the apple of his eye and every female wants to be daddy's little girl
Too bad I never got the chance to know and enjoy that in my world

"There's nothing worse than a man that can be everything and to everybody else...except a father to their own child!"

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Say that!!!!!!! Whew! I can relate to this one a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With the way our society is broken now and so many single parent homes, I'm sure a lot of us can relate! It's sad!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely relate. I struggle every day trying to truly forgive. But I can say that I am strengthened as I look to God for healing and strength to move pass this brick wall. Thank you for your transparency.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading. 😘Yea, it is a struggle. I didn't realize I hadn't truly forgave once he reopened that wound by reaching out to me. I was still angry and bitter. The situation still has a hold on me obviously. But you're right. All we can do is keep praying. Keep seeking God. Instead of suppressing the feelings.

      Delete