Friday, May 12, 2017

I'm NOT Lonely (continued)

I'm NOT lonely! Continued...

Because of gender roles and what society has instilled as domestic norms, most women feel like it's their sole purpose to be a mom or a wife. And that's all good and understandable. All women, myself included, want to one day experience a fairy tale wedding and live happily ever happy, well...it doesn't always happen like that. And in the meantime, what do you do? You do you! Lol. And when there's no guy in the picture, who do you date? You date you! And instead of always thinking about dating and getting married and having kids, think about enjoying life. All the things you could do, see, experience, and enjoy before you're committed. Before it stops becoming all about you and shifts to all about your family!

So, no I'm not saying that dating is horrible or that relationships are the devil, all I am saying is that you shouldn't forget about you. You should enjoy your singleness and young adulthood.
You know how many moms wish they would have finished college before starting a family? I am a witness and speak from experience when I say that being a full time mom and student, oh and an employee is not easy.
You know how many women wish they would've learned a hobby (swimming, sewing, skating, yoga, etc) before starting a family? It's hard to get leisure time when you have to cook, clean, wash, attend dr. appointments, help with homework, run errands, sporting events, etc. for your family.
And let's not forget about the women who wish they would have taken more vacations with friends or family or even attended more social events when they were single. Why? Because when you have a family, girls night out, vacations, and social life becomes scarce and non existent for some due to personal life, finances and just not having the time.

I've shared with you all about my journey to happiness and my life becoming about me. Taking this time to fall in love with Kiara. And you should as well. I may be alone but I am not lonely. I have my happiness, a piece of mind, and my Kaidy! And I'm taking my on advice, I'm enrolling into grad school, I'm working on a third book (book one will be out this year...yayyyy 🎊), I'm looking into starting yoga, swimming lessons for Kaidy and hanging with my friends. A few vacations are on my list as well. Starting now, starting today, I'm embracing who I am. Being single or being in a relationship will not define me. First up...mother's day paint and brunch event. Love you mommy, happy Mother's Day! πŸ‘©πŸ½
And happy Mother's Day to every supermom reading this blog! πŸ’

I hope this inspires at least one of you to start a new journey. To get a degree you always wanted, to visited a place you always wanted to see, to start a club or group, to go out and have a drink, to maybe even explore a new hobby, or to just take a moment to breathe and say, "I am enough, I am beautiful, I am strong and I am me!"

Until next time....muah πŸ’‹shoutout to my sister and a few friends for recent inspiration!!!

Today's self love ❤️
I love my smile πŸ˜ƒ! I'm really focusing on smiling more and frowning less. It feels so good to just let go and be happy 😊 I remember people telling me all the time they didn't know I was so cool and sweet because I always looked so mean. Now people tell me I'm beautiful and Kaidy smile just like me! πŸ˜ƒ

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment