Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Beauty

"Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, a pretty heart and a pretty soul!"

Beauty ❤

I've learned that beauty has nothing to do with the designers you wear or the style of your hair,
But, everything you said you would do and be and for every battle you fought and won to get there.

Beauty has nothing to do with the car you drive or how much money you make,
But for every dream you chose to chase and for every risk you're willing to take.

Beauty isn't about how popular you are or how many people know you, 
But, about how many people lives you've impacted by every time keeping your word and always coming through.

Beauty isn't about where you work or what you do for a living,
But, about to those around you how much love, time, support, etc. you put in instead of just the money you're giving.

Beauty isn't about what people see when they look at your surface,
But the energy, genuineness, love and loyalty they feel in your presence and for being exposed to your real purpose. 

Beauty is more than the makeup you use to cover your skin, 
It's about character and personality, things that reveal exactly who you are within.



I don't that I am beautiful because of how I look or what people see on the outside,
I feel that I'm beautiful for staying true to myself and showing you the exact things others try to hide. 

Most times my words and poems have been transparent enough for you to get a glimpse of my life, 
But not once did I vow to be perfect or pretend as if in life everything I do or say is right. 

For me beauty is just that, the confidence, love and respect that I hold inside of me,
Because no matter how I look, dress, talk etc. the only person whose opinion matters is my own,
And with that being said I am beautiful inside and out because when I look in the mirror that's exactly who and what I see.


I am not afraid to admit that I have flaws and have made my share of mistakes. I, too, have looked in the mirror and didn't always like the person that I saw. I use to feel as if I wasn't good enough or pretty enough or I hadn't accomplished enough. But, I had to ask myself, "to whose standards are you not these things?" I had to remind myself "to not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of my mind!" (Romans 12:2) I had no one expectations to live up to but my own. And I had no one to compete with but myself. I have gotten to a place in life where I remind myself and repeat daily affirmations on things like, "I am enough, I am a great mom, I have accomplished some things, and today will be a good day." Never let anyone tell you that you do not posses great beauty. The beautiful person you are is already within and just waiting on you to figure it out and release them. The only person whose opinions of you matter are those of your own. Only God can judge you!

"Beauty is not flawless; it shines even through your flaws...so, remember that a flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it, it just blooms!"

"BE YOUR OWN KIND OF BEAUTIFUL!" and just in case no one told you on today...
                          YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

8 comments:

  1. There are so many definitions of beauty but so few are accurate. Your vivid description hit the mark. This is what beauty is about. Keep creating and nourishing our souls with your words. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and commenting! And I totally agree. Everyday I learn and grow which allows me to see things differently and put into new perspectives which then leads to seeing soooo many things as beautiful. I've learned that I am only as beautiful as I think, feel, see and say that I am. And everything is only as beautiful as I embrace it to be. I appreciate your kind words. 😘🤗

      Delete
  2. Wowww what an amazing topic...Im so proud of u niece keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks auntie. I appreciate you reading! And thank you for the support 😘😘

      Delete
  3. Kiara this is beautiful keep expressing your thoughtts. God has a blessing with your name on it watch and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Russell. I appreciate you reading and the feedback 🤗

      Delete
  4. You have grown into an amazing women and this blog shows that. Stay blessed beautiful B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bea! Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for taking the time out to read it! I appreciate the love ❤️

      Delete