Friday, May 19, 2017

Celebrating Life

🎶"stand up tonight, take off, aye
Yeah, we celebrating life, the only way
It don't matter who you are or where you're from
If you been working hard give yourself a round of applause 👏🏾...
So, ladies put your best dress on, get your hair done
Do it real big, it's a celebration 🎉 " 🎶
-Ledisi

I love that song! It inspires me every time to just be proud of who I am. To know that I deserve to celebrate my life. To live free and enjoy life.
I mean, why not? Everyday isn't promised right?! Life is too short and every other phrase people often speak about living life.

Well, right now I'm one of those people, lol. Life is short and everyday isn't promised and you never know which breath will be your last; so, why not live it up! lol. You know, ...YOLO (you only live once). Lol. Do you! But, seriously I believe in doing what makes you happy 😊

I read a quote and shared it with my friends that said, "if it doesn't make you feel fabulous...don't do it, don't buy it, don't keep it!" And lord knows at this point in my life, I am fabulous! And I'm going to do and be just that...

I look in the mirror and who do I see,
I see a beautiful girl with flaws that will not define me,
I am kind and I am intelligent,
Far from perfect but very proud of my melanin.
I look in the mirror and who do I see,
I see a girl who's perfectly imperfect and that's all she needs to be!

Sometimes we have to take life for exactly what it is. Learn to live in the moment. To let go of all our worries, stress and fears and to just... Live. Laugh. Love. To be happy. To dress up with no where to go, to dance in the rain and sing in the shower. To just take a chance. And most importantly to just have fun. Enjoy your life while you're living, you only get one! So make the best of it...

So at this time I'm all for going to restaurants, seeing movies and shopping sprees!
Im building my confidence, you may catch me at an event reciting my poetry.
I guess that means I'm at a point where "I ain't worried bout nothing"
So if you not talking success, positivity, vacations, etc then your conversation is not up for discussion.

And as for me, Kaidy's first trip to sea world is all booked. She's going to be so excited! I love our mother daughter moments!
And tonight I'll be attending my first poetry event. Poetry vs. Hiphop and I am so excited. I took Ledisi's advice and got me an outfit and hair/makeup done. I'm celebrating me and she is going to be cute!!!! Yasss, because she is fabulous! And so are you!

Until next time...

I love my smile 😃! I'm really focusing on smiling more and frowning less. It feels so good to just let go and be happy 😊 I remember people telling me all the time they didn't know I was so cool and sweet because I always looked so mean. Now people tell me I'm beautiful and Kaidy smile just like me!

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

4 comments:

  1. Your post couldn't have been more true. My friend's brother in law just died. He was not sick, nothing. In fact, he was on FB the night before. He died in his sleep. So you truly don't know when you will take your last breath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww...so sad! Life is very short! Sorry to hear about that loss! 🙏🏾 But god works in mysterious ways. That's why I try to cherish every moment, family and friend. Make as many memories as possible. Thank you for reading and responding. Be blessed 😘

      Delete
  2. Yolo!! I'm working on that too!!

    ReplyDelete