Wednesday, November 30, 2016

All I Wanted

It's the simple things in life we tend to forget!!! It's the little things that money can't buy that means the most!

All I Ever Wanted...

I never wanted to feel like I had to beg for attention,
All I ever wanted was a guy to show genuine interest and affection.
Guess my love wasn't good enough,
All I ever wanted was for a guy to stick around when loving me got rough.
I never wanted to be this weak minded chick,
Having to ask for the things I felt I should've been getting,
All I ever wanted was to meet a guy who wasn't scared of one day settling down and committing.
Seems like the things I say go unnoticed and I get no response,
But it only bothers me because you don't see anything wrong with your nonchalance.
All I ever wanted was to not be ignored,
Listening is free so communication is something I know you can afford,
I rather you tell me to just leave you alone instead of distancing yourself when with me you got bored,
Leaving my most intimate thoughts unexplored,
All I ever wanted was to be appreciated, cherished and adored.
I didn't think I would have had to work so hard to get you to see me,
But I can no longer spend my time trying to beg and plead,
I shouldn't have to spell out all the things I feel, like we're competing in a spelling bee,
And if you rather we part ways then I'll set you free,
All I ever wanted was for the guy to decide if with me is where his heart wanted to be.
It would be nice to tell me the things on your mind,
Instead of me wondering and questing because you left our relationship status undefined,
All I ever wanted was a guy who was willing to give just a little of his time.
I'm not picky, it's the simple things to me that matter most,

All I ever wanted was a love that was all mine or well at least something close!

Well ladies, I don't have a story to tell today. This is exactly what I was going through and exactly what I wanted. Men, take note. Never forget to simply be there. Ask about her day or what's on her mind. Never forget to do those things that you started off doing in the beginning. Never get content. Keep dating even after years of dating and marriage. 

And then I came across this...

Mood: At Least (The Little Things) by Kelly Price

©2016. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.


6 comments:

  1. Awe that was good! Yelp!! It's the little things that count most and it sucks to want something from somebody but end up with nothing in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading. I agree it does suck! But, hey life happens. Ugh 😔

      Delete
  2. Everything happens for a reason even if we don't understand what the reason is at that moment!! Another hit please keep them coming!!!💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right. Some things we'll never understand. It's sad but hey life goes on! Thanks for reading 😘

      Delete
  3. I like this. I believe most women can relate. Although it sucks when in this situation I learned that sometimes what we want isn't what God want for us because he knows we deserve better. Things go wrong and fall apart so other things can fall together and go right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Girl you spoke a word!!! Amen 🙏🏾 lol but that's so true! Thanks for reading. It's greatly appreciated! 😘❤️️

      Delete