Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Chivalry is NOT Dead

Music 🎶 Baby Face, "Chivalry" 🎵

"Being a gentleman never gets old!"

Chivalry is NOT Dead!!!

Gentleman still do exist and who said chivalry was dead?!
You just have to give a man and not a boy a chance, who'll connect mentally, spiritually and emotionally instead of focusing on what's between your legs!
I didn't know men still opened doors and picked up checks,
Guys who actually get out the car and come to the door instead of sending, "I'm outside" texts.
There are men that still call just to say good morning or good night,
To ask about your day and to simply just make sure everything is going alright.
See, I think men never stopped being respectful, women just stopped giving them things to respect,
So, how can ladies get mad when a guy doesn't pull out chairs, walk you to your door, and basically hits and quits and moves to the next?
Men are creatures of habit and he's only going to treat you the way you allow,
So, stop lowering your standards for a man who's probably not worthy of your time or presence anyhow.
And women stop blaming all men for what the last guy did,
Because you'll only push a good guy away, they do still exist.
No man wants to constantly hear about the ex that did you wrong,
Especially when he's trying to show you better and move things along.
I've realized that there are still genuine, wholesome men willing to spend time,
Men that knows the importance of courting a woman, whine and dine, and sometimes sharing moments without spending a dime.
I don't know about you all but I'm happy with a man who just wants to make me smile,
That realize it's the simplest things that gets me, like just because calls/texts, random compliments and I was thinking of you gifts every once in a while.
Thank God for men who actually takes out the time to make plans,
One that doesn't sit around a wait,
For a woman to have to always initiate,
Date night.
Or romance.
Dating in our generation is hard and yes I agree that some of the men and women suck,
However, I'm not giving up on love,
I decided to give a guy a chance and I just may be in luck.
Chivalrous behavior is not dead and that I do believe,
Because he has not been anything but a gentleman to me!

"Chivalry never died. The gentleman in most men did."

"Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went."

And there you have it! I don't have a story to tell, the poem and quotes speaks for themselves. Ladies, give a man something to respect and he will. And stop bashing all men. All men are not the same. I really do believe that good, decent, respectable gentlemen do still exist.

Until next time,
XOXO 😘,
K. Giles

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Yes! I love this! I believe that there are still good "men" in this world! My guy is living proof. ☺️ GREAT read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww look at you! Lol. I'm happy for you. If your guy is this then you're lucky but because I know you, he's really the lucky one! 😘

      Delete
  2. I love this!! If you know your worth you don't ever have to worry about dealing with boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, yes! #that. But, yes real men still do exist!

      Delete
  3. I agree. There are definitely still gentlemen walking amongst us. Chivalry will live on forever but women just have to be sure that chivalry lives in that man. Love this Kiara �� Topics always dope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teeka for reading and enjoying it. Yes I agree that gentleman still do exist. Men are chivalrous in their own way. The right man will always be s gentleman to the right woman.

      Delete