Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tired

The Lord replied, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest," Exodus 33:14.

I Get Tired Too

I didn't think it was against to law to want to stay home,
Somedays, I just want to be one with peace and quiet enjoying time alone.
Yea, it's my fault that I'm always on the go, because I just don't know how to say no.
But, for once I don't want to go to a birthday party, dinner, baby shower or wedding event,
I get tired of driving, buying gifts, and spending unnecessary money that I really don't have to spend,
So, I chose to stay in and relax for just one weekend.
I can't even recall the last time I was able to take a nap and watch some good ole tv,
To just lounge around and be surrounded by absolutely nothing and nobody, but just me!
Although myself, my family, friends and Kaidy may think that I'm superwoman, I am definitely not quite there,
And between being restless, stomach cramps and a migraine, I just didn't feel like going nowhere.
Juggling errands, crafting, writing, a child and a full time job,
I was lucky to even take a breather and be able to just sit around in one spot.
And in a few weeks I'm adding student back into the equation,
So, my time is about to become very limited and I can only say yes if it's a very special occasion,
Because normally my social calendar be in heavy rotation, but it's time that I make time for rest and relaxation, not to mention I think I'm ready to start back dating.
And yes, my life really is this busy, my schedule gets crazy.
As much as I'm there for everything and everybody, sometimes I wish someone could be there for me,
Even if it's just asking about my day, telling me to get some rest or simply asking if they could bring me food to eat.
But, I've learned that I can't be everywhere, for everything and pleasing everybody doing all the things everyone invites me to,
Or showing up to do everything that someone else wants me to do, Because stress and fatigue is real and believe it or not, Kiara gets tired, too!

Matthew 11:28, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Thank God for allowing us to cast our cares on him. For making us strong when we are weak. And for making our burdens lighter and helping us carry the load. He'll never put more on us that we can bare, but even He knows that we need rest!
I've learned that I am only one person, I am human and I get tired. Stress is real. And fatigue can take over your mind and your body. So take it from me, "you are only one person and you can't be in multiple places at one time, you can't please everyone, and you don't owe anybody anything! Also, it is definitely okay to simply JUST SAY NO!"

"A heart that always understands also gets tired!"

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment