Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Just Like You

🎼Keyshia Cole: I'm Just Like You🎶

This will probably be the most transparent, honest blog I've ever written (well after broken and you're an adult). It's not Freestyle Friday; but, I want to be completely open and honest with you all and myself. I don't know how inspiring or encouraging this blog would be, but please read until the end and it just may help you discover somethings about yourself. To help you forgive yourself and to move on with your life. To be free and to be happy. My story just may help you more than either of us will ever know.

I just want to be honest about where I am in my own life. I don't want you (my readers) to read all my blogs and automatically assume or think I have it all together, because I don't.

I try to be encouraging and inspiring and yet some days I'm discouraged myself. Lately, I've been doing a lot of thinking about my life and where am I...so let's see, I have a kid and I'm not married. Speaking of that, I've decided that I may never get married and that's probably not for me. I just don't believe in love and relationships after being single for over 5 years or so and steady meeting unworthy men. But, moving on...I have a degree in healthcare management that I'm not using (Lord, I wish I had known before I got student loans lol). I wish I made more money. I prefer that I was working from home and I could take my daughter to school everyday. But, I'm just grateful that I do have a job. There's some people that I no longer talk to that I wish I did. I miss them some days and think of them often. I don't have a relationship with my dad. I wish I could spend more time with my friends and my family. I would love to afford to travel more often (but right now that's not in the budget and funds doesn't allow). For the most part, I'm okay though. Just like most of you, I'm maintaining and making it work. But, unlike some of you, I'm not afraid to admit or ashamed to say what you won't...SOMETIMES I JUST DON'T HAVE IT AND OTHER TIMES I JUST CAN'T!

My life is far from perfect and I've made my share of mistakes,
I've done and said things that I'm not proud of and wish I could press rewind; but, too bad I can't.
If only I could go back in time...
There's been times I was hungry, late on bills and broke,
I was depressed so I slept the pain away because life was too hard to face when I was awoke.
No I've never done or sold drugs or danced on a stripper pole,
But, I have stories and secrets that no one knows.
Things that'll I'll never admit so I've decided to take them to my grave,
But, these were all the decisions I once made, so I have to deal with the consequences of my actions and I only have myself to blame.
I dislike people who act as if they've never said certain things or won't admit to certain places they've been,
As if they can't relate to the positions of others, like they've never sinned.
They're the biggest hypocrites to date and always have something to say and can see everybody faults but their own,
But, that would be a whole other conversation so let me move along.
I'm just trying to admit my flaws so that I can be the best me,
To forgive myself for the young and dumb Kiara because that's no longer who I'm trying to be.
I don't want to hold on the past hurt and pain,
So if I let it go...true love, genuine happiness and pure joy I could gain.
Just know that your past actions and old mistakes does not define you,
And never let anyone judge you because we all have skeletons, even those who try to shame you the most and guess what, I do too.

It's never to late to change your thinking, your actions, and to forgive yourself. Everyday I'm learning how to move on from all the bad decisions I've once made. Everyday I'm learning to let go of hurt. To stop dwelling on things I can't change. To live in the moment and stop stressing about what lies ahead. I can't do anything about situations that has passed. And I'm learning to be free from the hold I have on my own mind (thoughts) and the feelings I have inside. I had to let it all out and to simply forgive myself. So, that I could move forward, so that I could love me completely, so that I could be happy. I accept me flaws and all. I am awesome and I can do anything. And you know what else...you are awesome and you, too, can do anything!

"Don't ruin a good day today by thinking about a bad yesterday!"

🎤"(I'm just like you)
I know it gets a lil hard.
But he will take care of you.
(If you trust and believe and have faith)
Ohhh..." 🎶

©2017. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.

6 comments:

  1. Yessssss!! I love it!! & I see a lot of this in myself as well!! But, like you said a lot of things you said others want to but, don't because people are so judgmental...but, keep up the GREAT work...I'm sooooo proud of you & even prouder to call you MY FRIEND!! Love you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much friend. I love you too😘
      I agree that people are very judgements but who are they to judge? I've learned that it's often times the people with the least room to talk that has the most to say...so there opinion doesn't matter anyway!

      Delete
  2. Great post! Sort of last for words on this one. There is so much to pause and go into a deep conversation about. Just know that I can relate to many of the things that you said. I give you a standing ovation for your bravery. Continue to speak what many of us hold in and we may just learn to speak up too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you. I'm glad you read it. Thanks for the love and support! And thank you for the kind words. Today's blog was different for me. I wanted to be REALatable. I want my readers to know the real me and to feel connected. To display authenticity so that they look forward to hearing from me again. And I'm glad I'm inspiring and encouraging others to speak their truth. For me, I'm just doing what I love! ❤️

      Delete
  3. I Love it sis, I could relate to this a lot and I'm sure a lot of other people can to! A lot that you said I say to myself ALL THE TIME! I really wish mama was here to see and read your blogs cause they're amazing and seems like they're getting better and better!!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sis! I appreciate you taking the time out to read it. It means a lot to me! Glad you could relate. And yes girl. I wish she could. I'm sure she would love it. And I know she's proud of me, she always told me she was even then and she knew I would be great. I miss her!

      Delete