Friday, February 24, 2017

Kicking the Addiction

This is a poem I wrote a few months back, I'm sure some of you can relate! It's never easy to walk away. And whoever said that love wasn't a drug, well...they lied!
"The strongest drug that exists for a human being is another human being!"

Kicking the Addiction

Love is an addiction and some addictions are hard to kick, but you as a piece of my puzzle no longer fits.
You are like a bad habit that's hindering me, I feel locked inside my feelings trying to break free. Some days I don't know if I am coming or going but I do know that somewhere, some things went wrong.
I've never been one to quit but it's time to give it up, my heart is tired and I've had enough.
I can't change you into the man that I want and need you to be, you have to want what's best for you and me.
However, I can change what I allow and what I choose to do and I choose me and life without you. Walking away is never easy and I don't love you any less but if I want to progress I need to release the tension and stress.
There's no need for me to keep waiting around trying to make us work, what's the point in keep watering your dirt?!
Nothing good grows from tainted soil, and our foundation has become like milk that went spoil. You're too old to still be playing games, like when are you going to grow up and make a change. After awhile you won't be a good catch, you better slow down before you get yourself in situations you gone regret.
I've did all I could and it's understood, that what I want you don't and what I will you won't.
I'm tired of just being friends so let's just put this to an end.
This, whatever this is, before it even started was already over, but as of today all my love and heart just went into foreclosure.
 As much as I love you and I don't want this to be through, you're toxic and I can't keep doing this with you.
Since you're not ready, I'm done being a casualty and for my own peace and sanity, it's time to walk away while I can still leave happily with just a little of my dignity!

"Love is a drug..you can get high off of it, you can get addicted to it, and you can get hurt by it!"

©2017.Kiara Giles.All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Love indeed is a drug!. You know it's bad for you mentally and physically but you can't leave it alone. Worst of all is falling for someone who's not ready for what you want. That's when you find yourself losing your mind, doing things you never thought you had in you all for the thought of being in love. "Be all in or get ALL the way out"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. So true! It's bad habit that is hard to break. No matter how much love ❤️ hurts us...we still want it, need it, wish hope and dream of it

      Delete