Wednesday, December 7, 2016

No More...I Choose Me

🎤 Me by Tamia

Sometimes you have to let everything and everyone else go! Sometimes you have to choose you! Put an end to whatever doesn't make you happy! Love you, date you, choose you! Be a priority in your life!!!

No More

No more tears after tonight
No more trying to make things right
No more trying to put up a fight
For a man who doesn't even try to act right

What's the point in trying to hold on to hope
When I'm left alone in my thoughts and trying to cope
Because if I ask, "are you ready to settle down?" the answer is always nope

No more planning things and trying to date
No more trying to piece together our fate
Too bad we couldn't get right because at one point I thought you were my soul mate
But I'm done because I can recall the number of times you put in the effort or even tried and it's not even enough to calculate

What's the point of staying thinking that you will change
Because things are still very much the same
And the fact still remains
You're too old to still be playing these little boy games
I rather set this "situationship" on fire and watch it burn in flames

No more ignoring all the signs that are there
It's quite obvious that you don't care
You have shown exactly what it is you don't want and I'm very much aware
Even if I took awhile too admit it, I know we're going nowhere
I've decided to wake up from this nightmare
No more pain, no more of this twisted love affair!

AND I FINALLY SEE THAT LOVING YOU AND LOVING ME DOESN'T SEEM TO WORK AT ALL! SO......


I Choose Me

I am and will always be me, deep down inside I am somebody.
I will no longer compromise who I am, I vow to never let anyone or anything else bring me down.
I plan to make time to accomplish everything that I've set out to do even if I have to do it by myself, because I believe in me and it seems that my hopes and dreams are all I have left.
I love me for who I am and not for what I try to be, I appreciate others for who they are and not how they try to impress me.
I've learned that no one could love and care for me the way that I do; therefore, I don't apologize for leaving behind people and things that I've outgrew, because when it comes to myself, things and I need and want, I always come through.
I love myself pass all of my imperfections, I love the woman, the mom, the person I'm becoming when I look at my reflection.
I can honestly say that I am proud of how much I've matured and the things I've accomplished because you'll never full understand the things I've faced and the obstacles I've had to overcome; so, I want to strive to be genuinely happy regardless of my net income.
See I'm choosing me and to have all of the things that money can't buy, like happiness, good health, family, friends and dry eyes.
From this day forward I hope to never cry again over failed relationships and guys that hurt me, because I know for sure that I would never break my own heart and I'm choosing to love me unconditionally.
I realize that it's okay and I deserve to take time for me, on some days, a quiet space, a glass of wine, music, or a bubble bath are well needed.
So even if I dress up and put my make up on and have no place to be, I'm choosing to feel and look good for me.
As of now I choose to love me, to care for me, to date me and to take time out for me, I don't plan to be anyone else except for the person you see.
That doesn't mean that I love anybody else any less, I just love me more and I want to start to give myself what I feel is the best.
And what's best for me is to start living my life stress free, I can't make everybody happy, and no I'm not being inconsiderate or conceited, I'm just choosing Me!!!

©2016.Kiara Giles.All Rights Reserved.

8 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Friend you are doing amazing.
    -Sue ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend. I appreciate the continuous love and support.

      Delete
  2. Good one!!!! If I had not chosen ME I would've probably ended up in padded room somewhere or worse.. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust, I know the feeling. I'm definitely learning how to just walk away and focus on me. Love will certainly drive you crazy. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. This is Great Boo. Like I always say "The Best Love Is Self Love". Often times we want love from others but fail at loving ourselves. It's ok to Love You and not be concerned with everyone else. Never Apologize for doing what's best for you and never worry about how others feel. All that matters is your happiness and if you got to get rid of some people to be Genuinely Happy then so be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! I totally agree and this time around I'm doing me! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. I loved both poems! You continue to AMAZE me through your writing! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks boo. I try! lol. I'm glad you enjoyed both and thanks for reading.

      Delete