Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Twenty One Eight (2018)

"Goals give you more than a reason to get up in the morning; they are an incentive to keep you going all day."
-Harvey MacKey

Twenty One Eight 
This isn't about a new year, new me "oh I'm changing with the date,"
I'm still the same ole Ki, but I'm trying to live my best life, let me be great! 
In twenty one eight, 
I plan to be happy, I will accomplish a few things, don't underestimate, 
My ability to set a plan and dominate. 
I'm just trying to travel, perfect my craft, save a few coins, eat healthier and lose a little weight. 
While my mental concentrate,
On becoming a heavyweight,
With this journal and paper mate.
I'm just trying to elevate,
My life, my career, and my finances; so of course a few things and people had to evacuate,
And I had to re-evaluate,
What was really important, what it meant to self-motivate.
Because I learned that I could never let another dictate,
Where I was going in life and keep me stagnate.
Now, everything that crosses my mind I precisely contemplate,
Became me very own advocate,
For every goal, dream, plan that would help me accelerate.
I'm just trying to became my own boss, obtain an entrepreneur name plate.
All the while confirming a few panel discussions and book signing dates.
No more time to procrastinate.
In twenty one eight,
I'm all about the Kiara renovate.
Just might catch me in a few cities and different states.
At any rate,
I'm flying high like an airplane.
And I can careless who stands in my way and that's not up for debate.
I got me all day, everyday.
So, the best thing I did in twenty-one eight,
Was believed in myself, 
And turned up my self-esteem.
Which means, you can't humiliate,
Or deflate.
When you were never a running mate,
I'm chasing my own dreams, in my own lane.
Therefore, who are you?
Oh okay, check mate!

My 2018 Vision Board

"I didn't come here to be average!"
-Michael Jordan
If you made a new years resolution, so what? Do you. Do not let people down you for wanting to change your life or your circumstances. It is okay to want more and to do more. If you want to live your best life and be happy then tie that life to a goal and not to people or things. The only person you should ever compete with and try to be better than is the person you were yesterday. And when you put your mind to something and you know exactly who you are, what you will become, do not let anything anyone stand in your way. Create your best life and then own every  bit of it.
Happy New Year 🎆
Until Next Time,
XOXOXO😘
K.Giles

©2018. Kiara Giles. All Rights Reserved.





6 comments:

  1. Ooouuuu yes ma'am! Nailed it! Checkmate!!♔ I'm trying to stay encouraged and venture more outside of my comfort zone for sure and just become a better person than who I was yesterday. I just want to elevate my life in all areas. Any progress or accomplishment is worth the restless nights.. I have learned as well you have to be your own self motivator because some people aren't meant to travel on this journey with you and have to be cut off if it's distraction. I only set out to do something small to some but major to me and because of the responses from others, how I'm an inspiration to them or how I motivate them to workout out, really have me thinking about taking my life in a different direction than what I set out to do not to mention I never had the desire to even pursue. I just want to elevate my life in all areas and not focus on the negativity, fear of failure or doubt that comes about, but focus on being that light in someone's life and if I can help anyone in anyway while bettering myself THAT'S A REWARDING ACCOMPLISHMENT FOR ME!! Seeing how you stepped out of your comfort zone to pursuing a talent of yours motivated me to just get up and try. Some days are harder than others and I really be at war with myself but I'm still pushing because my life has a purpose (not really sure what that purpose is) lol but I'm here for it. I feel like God has been sending signs and speaking to me through people. Keep up the great work and continue to fly high hun!!❤👏💪🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little self motivation goes a long way! You'll never know what you can do until you try. God will give you the desires of you heart and fulfill you with everything you need to conquer those desires. Trust I get it, most days I write only because I know people are waiting to read it blog. It gets hard juggling it all, but we get it done. You never know who you're inspiring...that's why I keep going. There's always someone waiting to see another person doing exactly what they're afraid to do or to say exactly what has been plaguing their minds. You're the motivation they need to face their truth and to overcome their fears. That's why I write. It's a journey, trust I know, and it gets ugly. But, the destination is beautiful. Keep going. You're on a start to something great 👍🏾 and you look good doing it ❤️😘🤗

      Delete
    2. Awwwwwww thx hunn!!❤❤❤💪

      Delete
  2. Omg! I love it! You're amazing! As I read it, I thought about back in 7th/8th grade when you would write poems.... you can definitely see the growth in you as a person/mother/ friend/self motivator CLEARLY defined through your writings. I know I've told you this before, but I will keep telling you for as long as I live....I am extremely proud of you! You're a great person inside/out! Talented like non other! Keep inspiring yourself, myself and the many others that you have already and will come to reach in the future. You're so DOPE bestfriend! 💕🤞💪

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your thoughts came together on that vision board and on this blog. I’ve always believed poets and rappers to be one of the same. Girl you were flowing in both worlds. Keep encouraging us with that pen mate. I’m proud of you. 2018 is the warm up for you. Never stop. Even if you trip... Keep pushing. I see you having and doing everything you mentioned with ease, not just “Twenty One Eight” but for a life time Kiara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started rapping in my head while reading this...I can't rap to save my life but reading this ignited the flow in me. LOL Loved this poem! Definitely inspiring.

    ReplyDelete