Wednesday, October 18, 2017

It's Okay to Do Absolutely Nothing



"Life is all about balance. You don't always need to be getting stuff done. Sometimes it's perfectly okay, and absolutely necessary, to shut down, kick back, and do nothing." -Lori Deschene


Absolutely Nothing

I enjoy when I get the chance to do absolutely nothing,
See I treasure my "me" time, because I'm always ripping and running.
Trust, it's always something.
Between work, school, being mommy, errands, chores and the list goes on,
I hardly ever get to spend time alone.
It's rare that my calendar has an empty space,
There's always a birthday dinner, baby shower, kid party or play date.
For me, sitting down for five minutes or going to the restroom alone is never easy,
And it's a privilege if I get to do something like take a nap or even watch television.
So, yes when I get the chance I rather stay inside,
I love to be alone in my own space, relaxing my body and clearing my mind.
I've learned that it's okay to say no at times,
Because things, people, life will suck you dry and take you down.
Watching a movie  or catching up on the DVR, on the couch with a glass a wine, is everything to me,
That's when I'm most comfortable, that's when I'm happy, that's when I feel completely relaxed and free.
Since I've been there before, no longer will I get to a point of feeling like I don't know if I'm going or coming,
So from now on I'm taking my own advice and it's okay to sometimes do absolutely nothing.

It's okay to do nothing and it's okay to say no; because, sometimes as parents, husbands, wives, students, employees, friends, etc. our lives get hectic and we feel bad about taking time for ourselves, but I've learned it's okay to need a break. It's okay to want peace and quiet. It's okay to have some me time. And it's perfectly okay to do absolutely nothing!

I got the inspiration for today's blog a few weekends back. One of my friends asked me why was I staying in and I didn't have my kid.
And I said so. That's the best time to spend alone. I look forward to the days I'm home alone. I look forward to just be able to watch tv (I watch cartoons everyday) lol. I like sitting on the couch and watching a movie or two. I like to have a glass of wine in peace. I love uninterrupted sleep!
I love doing nothing...that's the best weekend ever. And this weekend Kaidy will be gone and I will be right on the couch binge watching the rest of Wentworth. πŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎπŸ™ŒπŸΎ

"When you ask me what I'm doing today and I say "nothing," it does not mean I'm free. It means I'm doing nothing." -unknown

Until next time
Xoxoxo πŸ€—πŸ˜˜
K. Giles

2 comments:

  1. Lol For real! Love this one. Hard to say no sometimes so we end up not getting that free time we planned for ourselves. Kicking back with your favorite drink, food, and a movie is the best. Quietness mixed with a little bit of stillness heals the soul if you ask me. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know how hard it is to say no but I'm learning the benefit of saying no everyday and now it's not as hard lol
      Its definitely great for the soul!
      "A little piece of time will give you a lot of peace of mind!"

      Delete